Take a look at some examples of how the Bible writers answer the question – Why is God trustworthy?
- I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. Jeremiah 31:3
- How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! The Lord God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth. Psalm 36:7; Exodus 34:6
- For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Jeremiah 29:11
- For they cried to God in the battle, and He was intreated of them. He is my refuge and my fortress: my God. 1 Chronicles 5:20; Psalm 91:2
- I know that Thou canst do everything, and that no thought can be withholden from Thee. Thou art worthy, O Lord, for thou hast created all things. Job 42:2; Revelation 4:11
- As for God, His way is perfect; I will call on the Lord, who is worthy to be praised. 2 Samuel 22:4; Psalm 18:30
- For Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; He also becomes my salvation. Isaiah 12:2
- Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who hath sent His angel, and delivered His servants that trusted in Him. Daniel 3:28
Watch Why Is God Trustworthy in a video presentation
- He is the living God, the Savior of all men. 1 Timothy 4:10
- Though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that ye through His poverty might be rich. Worthy is the Lamb that was slain. 2 Corinthians 8:9; Revelation 5:12
- I trust in the mercy of God forever and ever. Psalm 52:8
- Every word of God is pure; The word of the Lord is tried. Psalm 18:30; Proverbs 30:5
- For all the promises of God in Him are yea, and in Him Amen. 2 Corinthians 1:20
Therefore, trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5, 6.
Do you have the assurance that you are precious in the sight of your Redeemer as the apostle Paul did?
- ransomed by the sacrifice of Christ
- washed from sin in His blood
- clothed in His righteousness
- thus hid with Christ in God
he is persuaded that He who has conquered death is able to keep that which is committed to His trust.
I will raise him on the last day. John 6:40.
Do you believe that I am able to do it?
This was Jesus’ question to the blind men that came to Him for help. They said unto Him, Yea, Lord. Matthew 9:28.
Do we really believe today that Jesus is able to heal our terminal sinful condition?
He is willing and He is able. To look for evidence, look no further than the life of Christ and the cross of Calvary.
Thus according to your faith, be it unto you. Matthew 9:29.
I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.
And whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die. Believest thou this? John 11:25, 26.
This is the complete package the Son of God offers to humanity – for our spiritual and physical needs.
He is weeping for us now as He wept, groaned in the spirit, and troubled for Lazarus’ family and friends before calling him to come forth.
And he that was dead came forth. John 11:44.
To be continued. Stay tuned.
Why Wait Longer?
Your Creator And Redeemer Longs For You – Take Him At His Word
Learn to trust in God’s love and His power to save and restore His moral image in you. The Spirit of God is pleading with you to seek for those things that alone can give you peace and rest – the grace of Christ and the joy of holiness. Give to Christ your guilt and fear today. He can satisfy the craving of your heart. Believe the Son of God. He will receive you. He welcomes you.
His hand is stretched out still. Why wait longer?