Welcome to The Ten Commandments Of God -part 2 Slideshow
You might also like the script of this slideshow
- The Ten Commandments Of God Part 2
- The Law of God was not spoken at this time exclusively for the benefit of ancient Hebrews.
- Though, they were guardians and keepers of His Law, it was to be held as a sacred trust for the whole world.
- The precepts of the Ten Commandments are adapted and given for instruction and government of all people.
- Love to God and people is their fundamental principle.
- Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, soul, and mind. Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Matthew 22:37, 39
- The Lord our God is one Lord; And thou shalt love Him with all thy might…
- And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: Thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children. Deuteronomy 6:4-7
- Furthermore, Thou shalt not: defraud thy neighbour, neither rob him
- curse the deaf, nor put a stumbling block before the blind
- go up and down as a talebearer among thy people
- hate thy brother in thine heart avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people
- But thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the Lord. Leviticus 19:13-18
- In the Ten Commandments these principles are carried out in detail and made applicable to the condition and circumstances of humans.
- We love Him, because he first loved us.
- If a man says, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar.
- And this commandment have we from Him,
- That he who loveth God love his brother also. 1 John 4:19-21
- Summed in love and divided in two groups
- The first four of the Ten Commandments are summed up in one great precept:
- Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart.
- The last six are included in the other:
- Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
- The first group cannot be kept and the second broken, nor can the second be kept while the first is broken.
- Only as we love God supremely, it is possible to love our neighbor impartially.
- Christ’s Teaching on the Law
- If ye love Me, keep My commandments. John 14:15
- He that hath My commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth Me. John 14:21.
- He that loveth Me not, keepeth not My sayings. John 14:23
- If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love. John 15:9, 10
- Therefore, let us study the lessons of Christ and to follow His example.
- Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
- Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so,
- He shall be called the least in the Kingdom Of Heaven. Matthew 5:17-19
- Those who here acknowledge God as their ruler, by obeying the laws of His government, will be accounted worthy of a place in His family in Heaven.
- Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. Revelation 22:14.
Why Wait Longer?
|Your Creator And Redeemer Longs For You – Take Him At His Word
Learn to trust in God’s love and His power to save and restore His image in you. The Spirit of God is pleading with you to seek for those things that alone can give you peace and rest – the grace of Christ and the joy of holiness. Give to Christ your guilt and fear today. He can satisfy the craving of your heart. Believe the Son of God. He will receive you.
His hand is stretched out still. Why wait longer?