Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God; 1 John 3:1.
At the cross, Christ ransoms His people with His own blood.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16.
Thus He pays the just claims of God’s holy Law. This is the way through which the end of sin and Satan comes.
For the Lord hath redeemed Jacob, and ransomed him from the hand of him that was stronger than he. Jeremiah 31:11.
Moreover, to be elevated to a life with Him and the Lamb, sharing His throne. I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. John14:3.
Therefore, consider how worthy you are, that such a price is paid for your redemption.
Behold Christ’s love
For in Him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. Colossians 2:9.
Being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men;
He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Philippians 2:6-8.
He is the Lamb of God:
- slain from the foundation of the world – Revelation 13:8
- who takes away the sin of the world – John 1:29
Herein is love:
- God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him
- Not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins
- He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love
- Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; 1 John 4:7-16.
Read more verses from Jeremiah, chapter 31 here.
Listen to the entire chapter
The love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
Nothing shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
You Might Also Like
By our faith we:
- are justified and have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ
- have access into this grace wherein we stand
- rejoice in hope of the glory of God. Romans 5:1, 2.
This hope we have from experience as being patient in tribulations, according to Paul.
Moreover, this hope is true for the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
Christ is the treasure of all wisdom and knowledge. He is the Son of God and the Son of man. In Him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Therefore, today as it was in Paul’s time, no one should
- beguile us with enticing words
- spoil us through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world and not of Christ.
It is by faith in the Son of God, meditating upon His perfections, that transformation takes place in our characters.
We are to look to Jesus, to find our completeness by beholding the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. John 1:29.
Why Wait Longer?
Learn to trust in God’s love and His power to save and restore His moral image in you.
The Spirit of God is pleading with you to seek for those things that alone can give you peace and rest – the grace of Christ and the joy of holiness.
Give to Christ your guilt and fear today. He can satisfy the craving of your heart. Believe the Son of God.
His hand is stretched out still. Why wait longer?
Find out more resources
Receive new content