Welcome to The Impending Conflict chapter of The Great Controversy
The last great conflict between:
- truth and error
- the religion of the Bible and religion of fable and tradition
The impending conflict between truth and error concerning the law of God is the final battle of the long-standing controversy.
Upon this we are now entering – a battle between the religion of the Bible and the religion of fable and tradition.
Satan has perverted the doctrines of the Bible and led mankind to transgress God’s law. Whether this be accomplished by casting aside the law altogether, or by rejecting one of its precepts, the result will be ultimately the same.
One that offends in one point, manifests contempt for the whole law. His or her influence and example are on the side of transgression. They become guilty of all. James 2:10.
God’s law is no longer binding upon mankind
Many ministers are teaching today that the law of God has been changed or abrogated. Thus in trampling upon the law of God they deny the authority of the Lawgiver.
The experiment has been tried. Terrible were the scenes enacted in the time of the French revolution. It was then demonstrated to the world that when the standard of righteousness is set aside, the way is open for the prince of evil to establish his power.
The bottom line is that those who refuse to submit to the government of God are wholly unfitted to govern themselves. Thus when the restraint imposed by the divine law is no longer binding, human laws would soon be disregarded.
The claims of the fourth commandment
Religious leaders teach that the observance of the seventh-day Sabbath is no longer binding. In stead of that they will soon claim that:
- the fast-spreading corruption is largely attributable to the desecration of the so-called “Christian Sabbath”
- enforcement of Sunday observance would greatly improve the morals of society.
In the end of time Sunday movement will:
- promote the highest interest of society connected to Sunday sacredness
- identify those who refuse to unite with it and denouncing them as the enemies of temperance and reform.
The leaders of the Sunday movement will advocate reforms which the people need and principles which are in harmony with the Bible. Yet while there is with these a requirement which is contrary to God’s law, His servants cannot unite with them. Nothing can justify them in setting aside the commandments of God for the precepts of men.
The two great deceptions used by Satan
- the immortality of the soul
- Sunday sacredness.
The immortality of the soul lays the foundation of Spiritualism. Satan will appear as an angel of light. Through the agency of Spiritualism miracles will be wrought, the sick will be healed, and many undeniable wonders will be performed.
The spirits will profess faith in the Bible and manifest respect for the institutions of the church. That’s why their work will be accepted as a manifestation of divine power. Thus nominal Roman-Catholics and Protestants will be deceived.
While appearing to humans as a great physician who can heal all their maladies, Satan will bring diseases and natural disasters. Moreover, he will convince people that those who are obedient to God’s commandments are causing these evils.
Obeying God rather than men
It will be declared that humans are offending God by the violation of the Sunday-sabbath. Furthermore, that this sin has brought calamities which will not cease until Sunday observance shall be strictly enforced.
Those who present the claims of the fourth commandment are destroying reverence for Sunday. They are the troubling people, preventing the restoration to divine favor and temporal prosperity.
Thus the accusation urged of old against the servants of God will be repeated.
And it came to pass, when Ahab saw Elijah, that Ahab said unto him, Art thou he that troubleth Israel? And he answered, I have not troubled Israel; but thou, and thy father’s house, in that ye have forsaken the commandments of the Lord, and thou hast followed Baalim. Kings 18:17, 18.
The miracle-working power manifested through Spiritualism will exert its influence against those who choose to obey God rather than men. Spirits will declare that God has sent them to convince all who reject Sunday sacredness of their error. Furthermore, to affirm them that the laws of the land should be obeyed as the law of God.
Religious teachers will lament that the wickedness and degraded state of morals in the world is caused by the desecration of Sunday. Great will be the indignation to follow against all who refuse to accept their testimony.
Satan’s dealing with God’s people in the final conflict
He uses the same method as in the beginning of the great controversy in Heaven. While, Satan pretends to promote stability of the divine government, he secretly wants to overthrow it. Furthermore, the very work which he was thus seeking to accomplish, he charged upon the loyal angels.
Satan is seeking today to destroy those who honor God’s law. Ironically he accuses them as law-breakers, as people who are dishonoring God, and bringing judgments upon the world.
Satan’s method of gaining control of those whom he cannot otherwise seduce is by coercion. Through fear or force he seeks to rule the conscience and secures homage to himself. To accomplish this he works through both religious and secular authorities, moving them to the enforcement of human laws in confrontation to the law of God.
Liberty of conscience will no longer be respected
Those who honor the Bible Sabbath will be denounced as:
- enemies of law and order
- breaking down the moral restraints of society
- causing anarchy and corruption
- not yielding obedience to the civil authorities as ordained of God
- calling down the judgments of God upon the earth.
Church and State will unite to compel all classes to honor the Sunday. Even in free America rulers and legislators, in order to secure public favor, will yield to the popular demand for a law enforcing Sunday observance.
In the soon-coming conflict w’ll see exemplified the prophet’s words:
The dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. Revelation 12:17
In order to:
- share a testimony
- ask for a hard copy of The Great Controversy
- make suggestions
- ask a question
- share any other thoughts
please use the form bellow. We thank you in advance.
Download more chapters:
- Prophecies Fulfilled
- The Origin of Evil
- The First Great Deception
- The Impending Conflict. Its Causes
- The Scriptures a Safeguard
- The Final Warning
Browse articles categories
- Know God – about God and His Only-begotten Son Jesus Christ »
- Experience God – His love, mercy, righteousness, and other awesome attributes of His character »
- Settle into God’s Truth – the way that you cannot be moved with eyes fixed upon the Savior »
- Victory in Christ – the wonderful possibility of being like Christ »
- Threefold message – light of the world development prior to Christ second advent »
- Salvation for everyone – he sinless One has taken your place and He has borne your guilt »’
- Thank you for stopping by.
- We pray that the Holly Spirit will set the Truth home in your soul.
- May your own experience in beholding Christ helps you find that God is exactly who He claims to be.
Don’t know where to start or need help?
- Send us a short message »
- Subscribe to our content »
- Find out how to support us WITHOUT donations »
- Learn more about SFA and our mission »
- Tell us how we do in your Feedback »
- This book will change your life now and for eternity. May we all Repent, Confess, Grow up into Christ, and Rejoice in the Lord.
- Find out more »
- Download Steps to Christ »
- Steps To Christ Audio – YouTube »