Welcome to The Final Warning chapter of The Great Controversy
Repeating the fall of Babylon and proclaiming the Third Angel’s Message.
Find out the issue to which the world will be brought.
Revelation 18 announces again the fall of Babylon as made by the second angel of Revelation 14. It has the additional mention of the corruptions which have been entering the various organizations that constitute Babylon, since that message was first given in the summer of 1844.
Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. Revelation 18:2
The Third Angel’s Message will be proclaimed with great power. As the time comes for it to be given the Lord will work through those who consecrate themselves to His service.
If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand;
The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; Revelation 14:9, 10
The sins of Babylon
Her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities. Revelation 18:5
With every rejection of truth the minds of the people will become darker. Moreover, their hearts more stubborn, until they are entrenched in an infidel hardihood. They will continue to trample upon one of the precepts of the Law of God, until they are led to persecute those who hold it sacred.
She has filled up the measure of her guilt and destruction is about to fall upon her. The sins of Babylon will be laid open:
- enforcing the observances of the church by civil authority
- the advancements of Spiritualism
- rapid progress of the papal falsehood.
By these solemn warnings the people will be stirred. In amazement they hear the testimony that Babylon is the church, fallen because of her errors and sins. Furthermore, because of her rejection of the truth sent to her from Heaven.
The movement for Sunday enforcement
Papists and Protestants unite as the church appeals to the strong arm of civil power. The law will be invoked against commandment-keepers. They will be threatened with fines and imprisonment. Some will be offered positions of influence, and other rewards and advantages, as inducements to renounce their faith.
Conscientious obedience to the Word of God will be treated as rebellion. The words of Paul will be literally fulfilled:
All that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 2 Timothy 3:12
To human wisdom all this seems impossible. As the restraining Spirit of God withdraws from mankind, they will be under the control of Satan, and there will be strange developments. The heart can be very cruel when God’s fear and love are removed.
The faith of the Lord’s servants will be tried in the time of persecution
For some the work which they have undertaken seems far beyond their ability to accomplish. They are threatened with destruction. The enthusiasm which animated them is gone. Yet they cannot turn back.
Then, feeling their utter helplessness, they flee to the Mighty One for strength. They remember that the words which they have spoken were not theirs, but His who bade them give the warning. God put the truth into their hearts, and they could not forbear to proclaim it.
It seems to them that they have brought the crisis. But conscience and the Word of God assure them that their course is right. Although the trials continue, they are strengthened to bear them.
Their testimony is: “We dare not tamper with God’s Word, dividing his holy law, calling one portion essential and another non-essential, to gain the favor of the world.
The Lord whom we serve is able to deliver us. Christ has conquered the powers of earth; and shall we be afraid of a world already conquered?”
The work will be similar to that of the day of Pentecost
The “former rain” was given at the opening of the gospel to cause the up-springing of the precious seed. In the same manner the “latter rain” will be given at its close for the ripening of the harvest.
Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord; his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth. Hosea 6:3
In the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Acts 2:17, 21
The inhabitants of the earth will be brought to take their stand. The message will be carried not so much by argument as by the deep conviction of the Spirit of God.
The truth is seen in its clearness, and the honest children of God sever the bands which have held them. Family connections, church relations, are powerless to stay them now. Truth is more precious than all besides.
Notwithstanding the agencies combined against the truth, a large number take their stand upon the Lord’s side.
Download The Final Warning chapter
The Final Warning Audio
The Final Warning on YouTube
In order to:
- share a testimony
- ask for a hard copy of The Great Controversy
- make suggestions
- ask a question
- share any other thoughts
please use the form bellow. We thank you in advance.
Download more chapters:
- Prophecies Fulfilled
- The Origin of Evil
- The First Great Deception
- The Impending Conflict. Its Causes
- The Scriptures a Safeguard
Browse articles categories
- Know God – about God and His Only-begotten Son Jesus Christ »
- Experience God – His love, mercy, righteousness, and other awesome attributes of His character »
- Settle into God’s Truth – the way that you cannot be moved with eyes fixed upon the Savior »
- Victory in Christ – the wonderful possibility of being like Christ »
- Threefold message – light of the world development prior to Christ second advent »
- Salvation for everyone – he sinless One has taken your place and He has borne your guilt »’
- Thank you for stopping by.
- We pray that the Holly Spirit will set the Truth home in your soul.
- May your own experience in beholding Christ helps you find that God is exactly who He claims to be.
Don’t know where to start or need help?
- Send us a short message »
- Subscribe to our content »
- Find out how to support us WITHOUT donations »
- Learn more about SFA and our mission »
- Tell us how we do in your Feedback »
- This book will change your life now and for eternity. May we all Repent, Confess, Grow up into Christ, and Rejoice in the Lord.
- Find out more »
- Download Steps to Christ »
- Steps To Christ Audio – YouTube »